My Reviews

Testimonials
479007
' Avery is very dedicated and his easy going personality makes selling and buying a home a little less stressful. He was always quick with a response ... more '
5.0/5.0
by user89261367
422702
' I'm very happy with Avery! He was very patient and did whatever to make showings happen when we wanted to look! Ended up buying house through him and ... more '
5.0/5.0
by user8521382

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Facebook's Others

If you are like me, you use your personal Facebook account for a variety of reasons... Staying in touch with friends, staying in touch with clients, finding new clients, community involvement etc.

Having a Facebook page is about as important as having a telephone number. I have recieved new customers, connected with old friends, and found out new information through Facebook.

That is why I was surprised me recently. I was sending a Facebook message to someone I wanted to contact, and recieved a message asking me to pay $1 to have my email go to their Inbox, otherwise it would go to their "Other" box.

Being cheap, of course, I didn't pay the dollar. But I did go to my account to see if I had an "Other" inbox. Sure enough I did!




Browsing through it, I was amazed how many messages I had missed from people I wanted to hear from that went into this "Other" inbox. I had messages from prospective clients, people from charitable organizations I was involved in, and so on.

What surprised me more, was that you can't stop it. If you click on the edit preferences button, it takes you to this screen, which only enables you to make it more strict, so that you won't hear from even more people Facebook judges as Others!




Does anybody else feel like they're on a bad episode of Lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment